DIY bomboniere boxes are a great way to add a splash of personality to your wedding and save money! While bombonieres are typically small tokens that a couple give wedding guests to show their appreciation and affection, bombonieres and the box it’s displayed in come in a variety of styles and designs to suit different price ranges.
Different Types of DIY Bomboniere Boxes
A traditional favourite that’s still extremely popular, standard cubed DIY bomboniere boxes come in a plethora of sizes to fit a selection of different gifts. Including a separate lid that either lifts off entirely or just flips open, these two-piece boxes are usually available in white cardstock which makes a great canvas for your DIY design elements or in clear PVC if you prefer to let your guests see what’s inside immediately.
While the standard shape is popular, there are other types of DIY bomboniere boxes that have been crafted to suit unique wedding styles. Pillow bomboniere boxes are a cute way to package something light like a scarf or personalised candy and have openings at both ends that need to be squeezed gently to reveal the favour inside. Unique DIY box designs resembling take-out boxes in heavy cardstock have also become trendy in the wedding circuit and are used to package anything from fortune cookies to jars of homemade jam.
When adding embellishments and decorating your DIY bomboniere boxes keep your wedding theme in mind for a streamlined look that’s simple without being overcrowded. Experiment with unusual design elements like leaves for an autumn wedding or exquisite embellishments such as brooches, starfish clusters, buckles, buttons, sequins, glitter and pearls that suit a variety of wedding themes. Fabric swatches, lace bands and ribbons are fabulous elements to weave into your DIY design concept for an exquisite touch of elegance!
Visit your local craft shop or check out an online DIY wedding invitation supplier for some great add ons that will transform your DIY bomboniere box into a classy keepsake
DIY Bomboniere Ideas
While personalised chocolate bars and sugared almonds are popular alternatives, they’re quite boring and standard! Give your guests something personal that’s more likely to be treasured than popped into the bin such as the dry ingredients for two cookies in a bomboniere box accompanied with a handwritten copy of your all time favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe or any other family recipe.
A bomboniere buffet is a trendy option that lets you cut costs by displaying both cost-friendly items with a few lavish options that guests can help themselves to before leaving the wedding.
What’s one thing that you need for invitations & stationery and fundamental for the look you are striving for? That’s right, paper! You need something to be your starting point, and the right paper can set you on the right path. The very same applies when it comes to DIY invitations and stationery, because let’s face it, if you don’t have paper, there’s really not a lot for you to use when you are working on a traditional medium or base. You could use the likes of clear Perspex and other such materials but you do need to consider things like the cost factors of printing on such materials and therefore, paper stock would be the best option for your creativity and handiwork.
You get the option of choosing between card stock and paper stock at DIY Invitations. Card stock includes board for your invitations that are hardy as they weigh over 150gsm, whilst paper stock is less rigid and weighs under 150gsm. Let’s look at the options of card and paper stock made available for your choosing when you create beautiful handmade invitations for your special events.
Paper Stock for DIY Invitations (Under 150gsm)
Some of the paper stock options for DIY invitations depend on the sizing, texture and quality, as well as the weight of the paper too. The range of StarDream and Shimmer paper offers a pearlescent quality and is manufactured in Italy, whilst the Textured Linen paper range has a subtle linen texture that sets it apart. Here are some options from the range made available to you for use when doing up your own handmade invitations.
- A4 Champagne Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 Textured White Linen 104gsm Paper
- A4 Ivory Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Quartz 120gsm Paper
- A4 White Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 Silver Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Opal 120gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Silver 120gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Crystal 120gsm Paper
Card Stock for DIY Invitations (Over 150gsm)
Card stock is classified as a board as opposed to paper due to its thick and rigid nature, and allows for a sturdy finish. The StarDream, Shimmer and Sparkle range of quality card stock/board is pearlescent in nature and reliable due to its added strength in terms of gsm. The following are options made available to you at DIY Invitations to create beautiful handmade invitations, stationery and other creations.
- A4 StarDream Opal 285gsm Board
- A4 White Sparkle 250gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Quartz 285gsm Board
- A4 Champagne Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 Ivory Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Crystal 285gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Silver 285gsm Board
- A4 White Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 Silver Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Crystal 240gsm Board
Consider these options as you draft and plan the look and feel of your DIY invitations whether it’s for a wedding or any other special event in your life.
Last week, we introduced Bomboniere Boxes and what is in store for you, as well as the new trends. This week, we will be looking at what DIY Invitations can do for you in terms of some of the products on offer for your milestone and special event gifts and favours. Discover the different types of bomboniere boxes available for your selection, ranging from quality paper products to delightful plastic Perspex creations, that you can easily DIY in the comfort of your home.
Paper Bomboniere Boxes
Paper Cube Box Styles are made of quality gloss paper that comes in one piece with a quick lock setting and auto lock base for easy DIY assembly, and sold in packs of 10.
• 120mm Cube Bomboniere Box Auto-Lock Base (120mm x 120mm x 120mm)
• 80mm Cube Bomboniere Box (80mm x 80mm x 80mm)
• 70mm Cube Bomboniere Box (70mm x 70mm x 70mm)
• 60mm Cube Bomboniere Box (60mm x 60mm x 60mm)
• 50mm Cube Bomboniere Box (50mm x 50mm x 50mm)
• 40mm Cube Bomboniere Box (40mm x 40mm x 40mm)
Trinket Bomboniere Box Styles are made of quality paper available in gold, silver and white, and is a two piece set, with a lid and base. They are sold in packs of 10 with folding and assembly instructions, and has a measurement of 80mm x 80mm x 48mm.
Noodle Box Styles have tapered sides made out of quality cardboard with a metal handle, being sold in sleeves of 50.
• 16oz Cardboard Noodle Box Bomboniere (70mm x 55mm x 85mm)
• 8oz Cardboard Noodle Box Bomboniere (60mm x 45mm x 85mm)
Plastic Bomboniere Boxes
Plastic Cube Box Styles are made of 0.6mm quality clear Perspex that comes in one piece for easy DIY folding, and sold in packs of 10.
• PVC/Perspex 100mm Cube Style (100mm x 100mm x 100mm)
• PVC/Perspex 90mm Cube Style (90mm x 90mm x 90mm)
• PVC/Perspex 80mm Cube Style (80mm x 80mm x 80mm)
• PVC/Perspex 70mm Cube Style (70mm x 70mm x 70mm)
• PVC/Perspex 60mm Cube Style (60mm x 60mm x 60mm)
• PVC/Perspex 50mm Cube Style (50mm x 50mm x 50mm)
• Grande Clear PVC/Perspex Bomboniere Box (100mm x 100mm x 120mm)
Noodle Box Styles have tapered sides made out of clear PCV/Perspex with a plastic handle, being sold in sleeves of 50.
• 16oz Plastic Noodle Box Bomboniere (70mm x 55mm x 85mm)
• 8oz Plastic Noodle Box Bomboniere (60mm x 45mm x 85mm)
Pillow Pack Box Styles are made of 0.6mm quality clear Perspex that comes in one piece for easy DIY assembly, and sold in packs of 10.
• Midi Pillow Pack Bomboniere (70mm x 50mm x 25mm)
• Petite Pillow Pack Bomboniere (45mm x 45mm x 15mm)
Try out these wonderful bomboniere boxes for your special events and make it a hit with some DIY and personal touches.