What’s one thing that you need for invitations & stationery and fundamental for the look you are striving for? That’s right, paper! You need something to be your starting point, and the right paper can set you on the right path. The very same applies when it comes to DIY invitations and stationery, because let’s face it, if you don’t have paper, there’s really not a lot for you to use when you are working on a traditional medium or base. You could use the likes of clear Perspex and other such materials but you do need to consider things like the cost factors of printing on such materials and therefore, paper stock would be the best option for your creativity and handiwork.
You get the option of choosing between card stock and paper stock at DIY Invitations. Card stock includes board for your invitations that are hardy as they weigh over 150gsm, whilst paper stock is less rigid and weighs under 150gsm. Let’s look at the options of card and paper stock made available for your choosing when you create beautiful handmade invitations for your special events.
Paper Stock for DIY Invitations (Under 150gsm)
Some of the paper stock options for DIY invitations depend on the sizing, texture and quality, as well as the weight of the paper too. The range of StarDream and Shimmer paper offers a pearlescent quality and is manufactured in Italy, whilst the Textured Linen paper range has a subtle linen texture that sets it apart. Here are some options from the range made available to you for use when doing up your own handmade invitations.
- A4 Champagne Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 Textured White Linen 104gsm Paper
- A4 Ivory Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Quartz 120gsm Paper
- A4 White Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 Silver Shimmer 125gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Opal 120gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Silver 120gsm Paper
- A4 StarDream Crystal 120gsm Paper
Card Stock for DIY Invitations (Over 150gsm)
Card stock is classified as a board as opposed to paper due to its thick and rigid nature, and allows for a sturdy finish. The StarDream, Shimmer and Sparkle range of quality card stock/board is pearlescent in nature and reliable due to its added strength in terms of gsm. The following are options made available to you at DIY Invitations to create beautiful handmade invitations, stationery and other creations.
- A4 StarDream Opal 285gsm Board
- A4 White Sparkle 250gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Quartz 285gsm Board
- A4 Champagne Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 Ivory Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Crystal 285gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Silver 285gsm Board
- A4 White Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 Silver Shimmer 300gsm Board
- A4 StarDream Crystal 240gsm Board
Consider these options as you draft and plan the look and feel of your DIY invitations whether it’s for a wedding or any other special event in your life.