Personalization always makes people feel that they are important, that they are thought of more often that they know, and that they are special to the person who sent them the personalized object. DIY wedding invitations are the perfect way to invite the most important people in your life to one of the most important events in your life.
Where to Start
- First you need to browse the website under the heading of DIY Wedding invitations. Here you will find many different shapes, colours, textures and styles. Think about the one that will fit your needs. If you have a favourite colour, you may want to choose that. If you have other cards that you will be ordering to go along with the invitation, you may want to choose a pocket style invitation.
- You can choose from standard wording available on the site, or use your own wording. Inserting a verse or poem that you both enjoy or describes your feelings for each other will make it all that much more personalized.
Check Before Your Order
- Make sure that all the information you are putting on the card is correct. Spelling, addresses, dates and dress code, if there is one, should all be accurate and spelled correctly since these will be printed exactly the way you specify.
- Make sure you are using an accurate count from the guest list. It is also wise to order a few extra since there are bound to be some who might have been accidently left off the list or new ones added at a later date.
- Make sure that you order all the other necessary cards at the same time. RSVP’s, accommodation and direction cards, place cards, name tags, napkin bands, table cards and thank you cards can actually be ordered in specially priced packets with the invitations or separately.
Get Some Help
Most men like to leave the majority of the wedding planning up to the woman. There are certain tasks and events he must be involved in, but when it comes to personalizing your invitations, you are probably completely on your own. This is when it is time to call your female friends and relatives to come and help you.
Think of what you want to put on the invitations and ask them to bring these items with them if they have any available. The process will go much quicker if several people are working on them at the same time. Make it a part. Include some drinks and snacks, put on some music, and have a blast with your female friends and family while working on your one of kind DIY wedding invitations.
Adding Special Items
When you are Doing It Yourself, you can add just about anything you want. Glitter, ribbon, buttons, lace, cut outs of flowers, beads, rhinestones and fake gems are all great additions. You can find all of these items at a craft store, and so much more. If you have the time and money, you can even have photos of where you met, or where he proposed, or of the two of you together to paste into the invitations.
These invitations will definitely be One of a Kind DIY’s that will be valued as keepsakes by many of your guests for years. They will also make each person feel special and close to you.