Everyone wants to be unique and their own person, and there are ways in which everyone has their own style to accentuate their unique personalities. When it comes to their wedding day that should also show through, because being the most important day in your life you want it to be special. Therefore, the bride and groom should find ways in which they can cohesively bring together their own personalities into their wedding invitations. A great and easy way to do that is with DIY wedding invitations. In this article, we will be looking at DIY wedding invitation ideas that you can put to either use, in the traditional way, or even add a twist the entire ensemble by adding a personal touch.
You can use DIY wedding invitation kits for a beautiful and personal creation in many ways, where you can choose from the traditional way of using the pieces of paper and then adding designs and adorning them with trims and accessories. In addition, you can add some great items to it to make it a whole lot better, such as using laser cut paper trims, stampin’ stamps, paper art and more. There is also another way, in which you can use them differently, for example, a message in a bottle, scrolls, picture books, and more.
You are thinking of a romantic theme, and want something out-of-the-box, but still warm and meaningful. You can opt for the medieval yet romantic touch of using wedding invitation scrolls or wedding invitation message boxes to carry your message to your dearest invitees, or even something truly wonderful such as a message in a bottle; this would be ideal for a beach wedding theme.
Arty Wedding Invitation
If you want something truly different, you can create the likes of a picture book or even use paper art and crafts to decorate your wedding invite. With a picture book, you can include beautiful pictures of you and your fiancé, and create something memorable for your invitees that can be kept as a keepsake as well. Paper art on the other hand, would be intricate and delicate, because you will be creating a masterpiece, with the likes of origami, layers and more.
Elegant and Intricate Designs: Laser Cut and Stamps
Laser cut treatments are beautiful, but if you do not want to spend too much on getting it done by professionals, then you can do it yourself provided you have the right equipment. Acquire those and find yourself a design you want to include in your DIY wedding invitations, and get the cutouts that you want. There is also the option of using ink stamps, where you find a design or even of the wording you want, and then stamp it onto your paper. You could also have customised stamps made for a personal feel.
In a world where arts & crafts play a big role in families and homes alike, weddings are also taking a whirl of the DIY trend. That is why more and more brides are taking to their inner creativity for a DIY wedding. Find out how you can be creative to come up with DIY wedding invitation using the likes of watercolours, stamps and stencils.
When it comes to these three main materials, which can be used for DIY wedding invitations, the initial thing you have to do is figure out a colour or a colour theme, or even a theme for that matter, to jump start you in the right direction. Once that is done, and you know what you want to do, you need to acquire the base for your creation, which would be the DIY wedding invitation paper or even DIY wedding invitation kits.
Stamps, and by stamps I mean the ones which are associated with Stampin’ involves various illustrations already etched into rubber or wood that only requires some ink to convert the object on the paper, and presto, you have yourself a beautiful illustration on your DIY wedding invite. Most couple opt for this type of tool when they want something intricate, which cannot easily be drawn by hand, but that does not mean you cannot use it for larger more simple designs as well. The use of such stamps saves you the times of replicating your illustration and gives you a more natural feel as opposed to having it printed, as it looks more authentic. With such as DIY tool you can also use various method of colouring them too, from coloured pencils and pens, to crayons and watercolours too.
Stencils on the other hand, though similar to stamps, they are best used for creating patterns and coloured using the same options too. Stencils are great when you have to keep it neat, tidy and precise. This way you are assured that a certain design is replicated throughout the wedding invitation pack.
When it comes to watercolours, though it can be used with stamps and stencils both, watercolours can be used on its own, because the picture you draw can be done in a way that you wish. Its best to opt for this if you are an artist, because getting the same illustration right every single time can be quite difficult, and that is why stencils and stamps were introduced, to make life and wedding tasks easier. Therefore, find out which method suits you best and go with it. Carry out some samples and then choose which one is the easiest and the best looking, and then you will have your DIY wedding invite winner.
There are so many great ways to come up with cool DIY wedding invitations, and such ideas are always buzzing in everyone’s heads but we rarely get a chance to see them. Unless you have been invited to a wedding you have been a guest or a recipient of a cool DIY wedding invite, you might still be wondering how you can make one for yourself. This installation of DIY Invitations, we bring to you some materials you can use to create an awesome DIY wedding invitation.
– String can be used either as a decorative border, or as centre point of the design. It can be looped around the base paper, which the invitation wording is printed on, whereby that paper will sit on a different sheet of paper, that either contrasts to it or has a distinct patter or design that compliments the theme in question. The type of string used can be thin or thick, of varying texture or colour, depending on the kind of look you want to achieve. If it is a rustic theme then you could opt for burlap thread or something similar. In addition, you can add little tokens to the string, such as buttons or buckles, by looping through them, or you could add little trinkets such as a miniature key, a flower or something that is in line with your overall wedding look.
– Lace comes in different sizes, designs, colours, textures and opacity, and depending on that, it can serve many purposes. Either as a decorative detail, a background design element, to something that adds a touch of art to the wedding invitation, much like the use of string, any option can be used.
– Ribbons are quite similar to string and lace both; however, the texture of the string can also play a part in how the look of the wedding invitations comes together. The can also be looped through various accessories such as buttons, buckles and through punched paper holes creating a weaved look on the wedding invitation itself.
– Shimmery textured paper is great as the focal paper that the wedding invitation wording will be printed or written on, or even as the background paper if you want to set a form of contrast to it. This type of paper brings out a touch of elegant glamour to the wedding invite. Although, usually it can be found in tones of ivory or white, darker shades of paper can be used for a velvet appeal.
– Patterns depending on a style and design of inspiration can also add a great look to the wedding invite. The paper with the pattern can be laid below the paper containing the wedding invitation text or even as the background for a one sided wedding invite, it can be a good idea to use it for an added surprise.
Other Methods of Adding
– Stampin’ stamps which are either generic but relate to your wedding theme or even custom made are great when you want something unique. Having purchased your DIY wedding invitations kits, you can simply acquire the ink necessary and the stamps, and keep on stampin’.
– Calligraphy plays a great role in how the look of the wedding invite will turn out if you opt out of getting it printed with professionals, and can set the tone in a great way and be well done.
– Hand drawn illustrations are great to add a unique touch to your invites by drawing or illustrating a focal element in your wedding theme, and having it create a personal touch.
With the above-mentioned possibilities, you can deliver on cool DIY wedding invitations with your own inspirations and visions on how the result will look like. All you need is to get your DIY wedding invitations kits and get the other materials you need to create a masterpiece with arts and crafts.